WHAT IS TAG APPROVED?
Most travel publications list any hotel or attraction that pays an advertising fee. But we wanted to take it a step further: In 1998, we launched an all-out global effort to qualify hotels based not only on their desire for gay travel revenues, but on their employment policies, services, and support returned to the LGBT community. The 2,000 TAG Approved® member properties worldwide represent the very best of LGBT-friendly hospitality.
Each TAG Approved property must...
- Enforce non-discriminatory policies including "sexual orientation."
- Treat heterosexual and domestic partners equally in personnel policies.
- Provide LGBT diversity and sensitivity training for employees.
- Empower customers and employees to be "watchdogs" of its gay and lesbian business practices.
- Give back to their community.
- Employ staff who reflect the diversity of their community.